350Brooklyn is a member of the People vs Fossil Fuels coalition (PvFF) which consists of 1,200 national and local frontline climate and progressive organizations working together towards a common goal of ending the era of fossil fuels. By centering the stories, leadership, and decision-making of frontline Black, Indigenous, people of the global majority and poor communities, we work to confront the forces of white supremacy, colonialism, and extractive industry and demand that Biden take bold executive action to address the climate emergency.
Specifically, PvFF demands that President Biden:
- Declare a climate emergency to rapidly advance just, renewable energy
- Ban federal fossil fuel leasing and end onshore and offshore drilling
- Stop the federal approval of all new fossil fuel projects and exports.
PvFF collaborates with, supports, and builds awareness of frontline, primarily BIPOC communities from Brooklyn, New York, to Willow, Alaska and Port Arthur, Texas who are fighting both proposed and existing fossil fuel infrastructure that has led to high rates of illness and cancer, and destroyed the soil, water and communities of the people who live there.
The work of the 350Brooklyn/PvFF workgroup includes:
- Leading the November 2022 350Brooklyn monthly meeting, where we launched the working group and screened the film “Dear President Biden”.
- Helping to stop Senator Chuck Schumer and Senator Joe Manchin’s “Dirty Deal” twice by co-sponsoring a protest at Senator Schumer’s home and using digital organizing tools like phone banking and emailing.
- Hosting a "Spark Joy(e) - Extinguish Fossil Fuels" rally on January 20th, 2023, the midpoint of Biden’s presidency, featuring indigenous and climate speakers calling on Biden to declare a Climate Emergency.
- Contributing to the efforts to stop the Willow Oil Project and the Iroquois Pipeline by phone banking and emailing our representatives.
- Creating an active workgroup and holding monthly meetings.
- Working with NYC frontline organizations to plan a June 8 anti gas infrastructure Teach-In in downtown Brooklyn.
To help organize our June 8 event, come to our next in person planning meeting on Wednesday, May 17 at 7pm at Mayday Space. Email to RSVP.
Join 350Brooklyn’s People vs. Fossil Fuels workgroup to let President Biden know that it’s time to stop drilling, leasing and using all fossil fuels NOW!
Campaign Organizers: Brynn Fuller-Becker, Michele Greenberg, Molly Ornati
Get in touch: