Parenting in the Age of Climate Change
Brooklyn Public Library, November 20, 2019
WAYS TO FIT CLIMATE ACTIVISM INTO BUSY LIVES
Join an upcoming family-friendly climate action.
- NYC Climate Strike. This is a youth-led climate strike to put pressure on the attendees of the UN Climate. Change Conference (COP25). Friday, December 6th, 12- 3 at City Hall Park.
- Play-In at BlackRock headquarters. Tell the investment firm BlackRock to stop burning our futures by funding fossil fuel projects! Fun for all ages: music, games, and #alleyesonblackrock. Friday, December 6th, 10- 11:30 AM at City Hall Park.
Call your representatives and tell them to act on climate.
You don’t have to be a scientist or policy expert. The staff member who answers your call will simply record your concerns and pass them along. Call as often as you wish! If you don’t know who represents you, go to mygovnyc.org to find all your city, state, and federal representatives.
Participate in “Call Cuomo Mondays.”
Join a campaign to call Gov. Cuomo’s office (877-235-6527) every Monday to tell him to shut down all fracked gas power plants in NY. Text “CuomoMondays” to 698-66 to receive a weekly reminder. Follow #CallCuomoMonday on social media.
Join the new Climate Families workspace on Slack.
If you’d like to connect with other climate families, please join the conversation in the new Climate Families Slack! It’s a space to ask questions, share ideas, and find out about events and actions. Sign up here: bit.ly/ClimateFamsSlack.
Join the email list of a local climate action group.
- 350Brooklyn and 350Brooklyn Families
- Indivisible Nation BK Sunrise
- NYC and Sunrise Kids
- Food & Water Watch
- Extinction Rebellion > Sane Energy Project
Talk about climate change.
Continue to talk to your friends, family and children about climate change. Make sure it’s on everyone’s minds!
Join 350Brooklyn and Brooklyn Public Library for upcoming Climate Wednesdays.
December 11: Green New Meal: The Food-Climate Connection.
February 12: Our Spring Series begins with a talk about the relationship of climate to human health.
350Brooklyn works to counter climate change and achieve climate justice through local action. We promote sustainable energy, oppose the fossil fuel industry, and educate and activate our community. 350Brooklyn is a local
affiliate of 350.org, a global grassroots organization.